CONTROLLED NORMALIZATION PROCESS IN FOOD AND BEVERAGE FACILITIES
As it is known, a controlled normalization process has been started within the scope of the measures to prevent the spread of the New Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which is included in the scope of “Pandemic” by the World Health Organization.
Following the successful fight against the pandemic, it is foreseen that the travel and tourism activities will be restarted in a healthy process.
In this context, in order to carry out the tourism activities safely, the following measures should be taken and maintained in self-contained food and beverage facilities that will start operating on the date to be determined by the Ministry of Interior.
GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND NOTIFICATION
During the activities of tourism enterprises, precautions announced by the relevant public institutions or organizations are fully followed.
A business is prepared covering COVID-19 and hygiene rules / practices throughout the enterprise, the protocol is evaluated at regular intervals, the protocol encountered in the application is updated by considering the problems and solutions brought and the measures implemented by the public institutions or organizations.
Within the scope of the protocol, the approach of the personnel to the customer showing the symptoms of COVID-19 and the procedures needs to be applied are also defined. These procedures are explained in the COVID-19 guide published by the Ministry of Health.
Facility management are obliged to take their social distance measures throughout the facility. Social distance plan is prepared for common areas and seating arrangement, the guest capacity of the facility is determined according to the social distance plan. Appropriate number of guests is accepted for this capacity and the capacity information is hung at a visible place at the entrance of the facility.
Also, in the entrance hall or exterior of the facility and in the common areas where guests and staff can easily see, panels with COVID-19 precautions and rules that are applied in the facility and must be followed are arranged.
Kitchen cleaning and food safety protocol, pest and pest control protocol are prepared for COVID-19 measures. Responsible staff ensures protocol compliance.
ACCEPTANCE OF GUESTS
- A thermal camera or infrared fever detection is applied to guests upon arrival. In fever measurements higher than 38 degrees, the guest is not accepted to the facility and warned to apply to a health institution.
- It is kept hand antiseptic at the entrance of the facility and after the guests clean their hands with an antiseptic, they are allowed to enter the facility.
- If the guest does not have mask, mask is provided by facility and guests are assured to wear masks other than eating and drinking activities.
- As much as possible, contactless payment is received. If the contact post device is used, cleaning and disinfection of the device is provided after each use.
- In the payment areas, plexiglass or similar barrier is arranged between the staff and the guest at eye level, or the personnel receiving the payment at the cash register use a face protective mask. Valet service personnel clean their hands with appropriate antiseptic before and after each vehicle pick-up and take-off service, do not wear gloves and use the vehicles with masks.
DINING HALL AND COMMON AREAS
- Social distance signs are made in elevators at intervals of 1 meter and their capacities are determined provided that they do not exceed one third of their total capacity and written / visual information is provided. The entire facility is organized according to the social distance plan, including common areas such as dining halls, entrance areas and halls, additional halls and open spaces.
- Social distance signs are made at 1-meter interval on the inside or outside of the facility or wherever rows can occurs
- Social distance and seating rules do not apply to guests from the same family or as a group. The distance between the tables where food service is provided is 1.5 meters and for the chairs next to each other is 60 cm. Service personnel take care to maintain distance rules and avoid contact during service.
- Every table is taken hand antiseptic or cologne. In case of open buffet application, plexiglass or similar barrier is made in a way that prevents the guest access of the open buffet to the guest side, and the service is provided by the kitchen staff.
- It is ensured that vehicles such as tea / coffee machine, water dispensers, beverage machine are lifted or the guest gets service through the service staff. Dining tables and chairs, service materials, sugar, salt, spices, napkins, and menu items are cleaned and disinfected properly after each guest use.
- If possible, disposable sugar, salt, spices, napkins used. At the entrances of common areas and common customer toilets, hand sanitizer is available in different parts of the large halls.
- Public toilets gates of the automatic door system is organized as possible, if it cannot be regulated, frequent disinfection of the door handles is provided. In the facility, children ‘s playroom facilities are not opened.
- Regular health check of the staff is performed, periodic information is obtained from the staff so that the people they live with can be monitored in terms of COVID-19.
- It is provided that all staff are given to specialized training in hygiene and epidemic. At the staff entrance, thermal camera or non contact thermometer for detecting fever is made, hand antiseptic is kept. Staff are provided with personal protective equipment (such as masks, medical masks, gloves, face protectors, etc.) that are suitable for contact with the guests and the environment, and their usage is monitored. Daily cleaning and hygiene of staff’s clothes are assured. As far as possible, same staff is employeed at the same shift.
- The dressing rooms, shower, toilet and common eating and resting areas of the staff are arranged in accordance with the social distance conditions. If necessary, arrangements such as landmarks, lanes and barriers are made in this regard. These areas are cleaned regularly and disinfected in accordance with the rules.
- The rules for keeping the contact of people who are temporarily accepted to the facility due to supply of goods or other reasons (repair, maintenance, etc) to a minimum are determined and followed. In addition, these people are ensured to perform their transactions by protecting the social distance rule and by using protective equipment.
- In case of detection of disease symptoms in the personnel, it is ensured that they apply to the nearest health institution.
GENERAL CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- All areas are cleaned according to the quality of the surface, using the cleaning product in accordance with standards and with appropriate frequency. Monitorability records of these applications are kept.
- Hand-contact surfaces such as door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, power switches, post device, remote control, telephone, computer keyboard, menu, tabletops, salt / pepper shaker are frequently cleaned with water and detergent throughout the facility. Disinfection is provided with 1/100 diluted bleach, 70% alcohol-based products are used on surfaces such as post devices, telephones, computer keyboards that are damaged by chlorine compounds, and monitorability records are kept. Floors of toilets, toilets, urinals 1/10, sinks, faucets and basin mixers, door handles are frequently cleaned with 1/100 diluted bleach, disinfection is provided and monitorability records are kept.
- Hand drying fans are turned off and left out of use in toilets, disposable paper towels are used. There are always liquid soap, toilet paper and paper towels are kept in the toilets. Cleaning staff use personal protective equipment (gloves and masks), After complete their work, they throw their equipment into the workplace trash. They provide hand cleaning and hygiene for at least 20 seconds with water and soap. Periodic maintenance of vehicles, equipment, materials and equipment such as ventilation and air conditioning systems, washing machines and dishwashers are carried out and sterilization of the necessary ones is ensured. Filters of air conditioning and ventilation systems are changed periodically in time.
- Air conditioners are operated to get 100% fresh air from outside. Fans should not be used. Ventilation of the facilities with central ventilation systems is arranged to ensure clean air circulation and natural ventilation is frequently performed. All of the closed areas in the facility are frequently opened with doors and windows to provide natural ventilation.
KITCHEN AND SERVICE AREA
- It is ensured that food safety and kitchen hygiene practices are carried out in accordance with the relevant legislation and regulations.
- Hygiene barriers, sterilization devices and tools and equipment for hand and body hygiene are kept in the food production area, raw material and product shipments and kitchen area.
- Staff not in charge are not allowed to kitchen area.
- All foods are stored in covered or in closed cabinet. In order to prevent cross-contamination, prepared foods and raw foodstuffs are stored separately in the kitchen. In addition, no foodstuff is brought into contact with the ground.
- Cleaning and hygiene of the kitchen and related areas, all kinds of equipment and equipment used in the kitchen, counter and storage areas are provided regularly.
- Surfaces that are in frequent contact with hands are wiped regularly with 1/100 bleach.
- Service materials (such as plates, forks, spoons, knives, glasses) are washed in the dishwasher.
- The kitchen staff use clothing and personal protective equipment during operation, wash their hands regularly and clean with antiseptic.
- Visual / written information is given about the rules and good hygiene practices that the staff must comply with.