CONTROLLED NORMALIZATION PROCESS IN ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES
As it is known, within the scope of the measures to prevent the spread of the New Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, controlled normalization process has started.
Following the successful fight against the pandemic, it is foreseen that the travel and the tourism activities will be restarted in a healthy process.
In this context, in order to carry out the tourism activities safely, it is necessary to take the following measures and ensure their continuity in the accommodation facilities that are still active or will start operating.
GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND NOTIFICATION
Written information about COVID-19 precautions and practices will be provided to the guests when they enter the facilities, and visual information about the rules and social distances will be applied in places that is a must to obey where the guest and the staff can easily see. Social distance markings will be made wherever rows can ocur.
In case of determination of the guests or personnel showing suspicion of disease, the authorities will be informed, the patient will be isolated until the transfer of the patient is done by the health professionals, but until the transfer, the services will be provided by the personnel who have taken security measures. After finishing, the customer room will be ventilated with fresh air and disinfected with the materials in accordance with the standards.
ACCEPTANCE OF GUESTS
- Accommodation facilities will accept guests at a determined capacity, while maintaining social distance rules.
- Guests will be welcomed with thermal camera or contactless fever measurement applications, and disinfection carpets (mats) and hand disinfection will be ready at the entrance of the facility. Personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves will provided to the guests upon request.
- Guests will be asked to inform about their locations of the last 14 days, and also will be asked about chronic conditions, if any, or will be asked whether infected COVID-19 or not. As far as possible, contactless payment (with contactless cards) will be done.
COMMON AREAS IN THE FACILITIES 1
- In elevators, markings and written information regarding the use of elevators in accordance with social distance rules will be provided.
- Dining and meeting rooms, cake lounges, multipurpose halls, conference halls, lobby and reception areas, sitting rooms, game halls, showrooms, entertainment and animation activity areas, bars, discotheques, sales units, sitting / waiting / outdoor areas, as well as all general areas, including pools and its surroundings and shade / sunbed utilities on the beach will be arranged in accordance with the social distance plan, necessary measures will be taken regarding social distance, markings will be made and guests that more than the capacity will not be accepted.
- Social distance condition in the use of general places is not required for the guests who stay in the same room or are from the same family.
- Units such as playgrounds, children’s clubs, amusement parks, playground-areas reserved for children will not be opened for service.
- Hand disinfectant or antiseptic will be provided at the entrance of general use areas and guests’ toilets, as well as in different places of wide general use areas. If possible, the doors of the public toilets will be arranged as an automatic door system, if not possible, the doors will be kept open with the help of a folding screen on the main entrance doors of toilets.
- If the units such as gyms are going to be open to serve the guests, a reservation system will be applied to ensure they are safe to use, and the number of the people and the duration time will be limited to use those facilities. After each use, those areas will be cleaned in accordance with hygiene standards. In these places, products such as soap, shampoo, shower gel of single use will be provided to the guests
COMMON AREAS IN THE FACILITIES 2
- SPA units such as Turkish baths, saunas, massage units will not be open to serve the guests in facilities that do not have a Healthy Tourism Certificate.
- Beach and pool towels will be provided to the guests in closed bags or straight from the staff will be provided to the guests in accordance with the hygiene standards.
- The distance between the tables in restaurants or cafes will be set minimum 1.5 meters and 60 cm between the chairs next to each other. Service personnel will be careful maintaining distance rules and avoid close contact during service.
- In case of buffet meals, plexiglass or similar barrier will be put in a way that prevents the guest access of the buffet from the guest side, and the service will be provided by the kitchen staff.
- The utilities such as tea / coffee machines, water dispensers, beverage machines in general use areas will be removed or the guest will get the service through the service staff. Dining tables, chairs, service items, sugar bowls, salt bottles, spice bowls, napkins, menus will be cleaned and disinfected with alcohol-based products after each use of those materials. If possible, single use sugar, salt, spices, napkins are used.
- Regular health check of the staff will be performed, periodical information will be obtained from the staff so that the people they live with can be monitored in terms of COVID-19.
- Special training will be provided to all staff on epidemics and hygiene.
- Staff entrance will be equipped with thermal camera or contactless fever measurement applications, disinfection mats and hand disinfection or antiseptic.
- Staff will be provided with personal protective equipments (such as masks, surgical masks, gloves, face shields) that are suitable for the contact with the guests and environment at the facilities, and the usage of those equipments will be monitored.
- Daily cleaning and hygiene of staff clothes/uniforms will be provided.
- Same staff will be employed in the same shift as much as possible.
- The dressing rooms/showers/toilets and common eating and resting areas of the staff will be arranged in accordance with the social distance conditions, arrangements such as landmarks, lanes and barriers will be made, if necessary, the cleaning and disinfection of these areas will be provided regularly.
- In case there is a personnel accommodation in the facility or in a separate place, accommodation for up to 4 people is provided, no accommodation in the ward system will be permitted. Cleaning, hygiene and health measures of the food and beverage units will be provided under the same conditions as to the guest units, and non-personnel access to these units will not be allowed.
- The rules for keeping the contact of people who are temporarily accepted to the facility due to supply or other reasons (repair, maintenance, etc.) to a minimum will be determined. In addition, by protecting the social distance rule with these people and using protective equipment, they will be helped to do their duties.
- In case of detection of COVID-19 symptoms in the staff, it will be ensured that they apply to the nearest health institution.
GENERAL CLEANING AND THE MAINTANANCE 1
- All areas are cleaned according to the quality of the surface, using the cleaning product in accordance with standards and with appropriate frequency. Monitorability records of these applications are kept.
- Floors of toilets, toilets, urinals, sinks, faucets, door handles are frequently cleaned, disinfected and monitorable records will be kept. Liquid soap will be kept constantly.
- Periodic maintenance of the ventilation and air conditioning system and other tools, materials, equipments such as laundry and dishwasher will be provided, and sterilization will be done when needed.
- Hand-contact surfaces such as door handles, handrails, elevator buttons, power buttons, post device, television remote controls, telephones, towel cards, room cards or keys, water heaters in the rooms are frequently cleaned with disinfectant and monitorable records are kept.
- Guest rooms, hand-contact surfaces in the rooms and equipment such as telephones, remote controls, water heaters, door-window handles are cleaned with disinfected products when guest’s stay ends. In the rooms, disposable boucle materials and information forms are provided as much as possible.
- Guest bedroom cleaning is done by personnel wearing masks, using disposable gloves for each guest room. Towels, bed linen, pillows and linens of the guest or staff room diagnosed with Covid-19 are collected separately and washed separately. Natural ventilation of indoor areas is often provided. Filters of air conditioners/ventilation systems are changed frequently.
GENERAL CLEANING AND THE MAINTANANCE 2
- Waste boxes with gray covers are placed in personnel’s common areas and customer’s common areas. It is stated that these boxes are only for materials such as masks, gloves, these wastes are not combined with other wastes during disposal. Cleaning and hygiene of the kitchen and related areas, all kinds of equipment and equipment used in the kitchen, counter and storage areas are provided regularly. In the delivery of raw materials and products to the food production area and in the kitchen area, hygiene barriers, sterilization devices, tools and equipment necessary for hand and body hygiene are kept. Staff not in charge are not allowed to kitchen areas.
- All foods are stored in closed cabinets or covered. In order to prevent cross-contamination, prepared foods and raw foodstuffs are stored separately in the kitchen. In addition, no foodstuff is brought into contact with the ground. Kitchen personnels use work clothes and personal protective equipment during the work and regularly wash and disinfect their hands.
- In the kitchen, visual/written information is given about the rules that the person must follow and good hygiene practices. Service materials are washed in the dishwasher throughout the facility (including bars, snack bars).
- Cleaning and hygiene of pool water, pool, and beach surroundings are provided to the maximum extent. The chlorine level is kept between 1-3 ppm in outdoor pools and 1-1.5 ppm in indoor pools. Monitorability records of periodic measurements are kept.